Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Colour Scheme and Landscape Inspiration

Here are some examples of the inspiration gained from watching the movie "Pathfinder" in terms of colour scheme and landscapes.

The North American landscapes shown in the movie are similar to to where my game will be set and are thus good for reference. In my game, these landscapes will sometimes be "industrialised" since it is set in the mid-late 1800's.

The colours used in the movie are amazing, and I definitely want to explore these in my own drawings and paintings. The colours are cold and muted and are largely black and white. I think this is a unique aesthetic that will definitely portray the mood and climate of my game well.

Colour Scheme:



















































































































































Landscapes:




























































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment