Monday, March 7, 2011

Hair Trials

From inspiration on the previous post, I have decided to pay extra attention to character hair - I want this to be eye catching. I think this will add to the overall aesthetic of my project, especially if it is very dull and dark.

Here I have explored drawing hair with photoshop. I like it when a lot of little lines are used to create forms in the hair, but drawing the hair in photoshop didn't really seem to work very well for me - it wasn't the desired aesthetic I had hoped to achieve.











Instead of doing the hair digitally, I decided to try hand-drawing it. combining digital graphics with hand drawn elements creates a beautiful and interesting piece of work.

I have used a 0.1 and a 0.8 fineliner to draw these "clumps" of hair.

I will scan these in and separate them before ordering them together to create a hair style.

This page is for the female character - the clumps are quite long with long, flowing strands of hair.







This page was created for the male characters. The clumps are shorter.

I may use a combination of both pages for the characters however, depending on need.

















This website by artist Jessica Ward has also provided me with hand drawn inspiration: http://www.jessicawardart.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment