Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Concept Art Textures Exploration

Here are some examples of my exploration of textures and colours for the skin colours of the characters. I want my characters to look sick and to be quite dark and dirty looking since they are sitting in a dark and dirty room.

Here I've tested the green and brown textures together. The green is meant to represent a decaying/zombie like character and the brown colour is testing a muddy texture.














Here I have kind of mixed the two textures above and have tested it on my character. I think the green is too bright - makes my character look like a reptile and the texture is too strong so I will play around with these to get a better result.









here I've tested the texture against a lighter colour, but I'm still not happy with this result - the colour is perhaps too light and warm.













Here I've made a dull green texture which isn't too heavy. Colour inspiration has come from my colour scheme. I think the green tinge makes the character look a bit like a zombie and I'm happy with this result.












Here is a closeup of the girl character's face with the skin texture on it - you can see that the texture has a slight graininess to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment